To be eligible, an entrant must:
Maintain a physical address in Georgia
Have been a registered architect in Georgia at the time of construction
Have held the primary design responsibility, functioning as lead designer in cases of joint-venture teams
Recognize all firms and/or individuals involved in the design process
Submit a project not previously awarded in any previous AIA Atlanta program
Honor and Merit awards are evaluated by:
- How well the architect frames, addresses, and solves the key problems unique to this project, such as site, materials, context, codes, and political
- Notable elements of sustainability and energy efficiency
- Creative design responses to the existing context, such as how the project fits into its immediate environment, both natural and built
- Innovative approaches to use of materials, lighting, structural systems, or building skin technology
- How the design accommodates a variety of lifestyles, such as aging in place or changing physical needs of the occupants
- Overall design excellence
The deliberation process:
The RDA Committee or the jury may make any interpretations necessary to carry out the intent of the awards. Each entry is also judged for the success with which the entry has met its individual requirements. Entries are subject to disqualification at the discretion of the Committee or jury. The jury is comprised of noted architecture professionals. The decisions made by the jury are final. Finalists will be notified before the winners are announced.
Complete the registration form
The registration form collects your team and contact information. After completing payment, you are redirected to a separate project submission form, which protects your identity from the jury.
Submit your project details and photos
Submissions must not include identification of authorship within the information requested below, or will result in automatic disqualification and forfeiture of any submitted fees.
You will input the following into the provided text fields:
Summary of the project and architectural concept (250 words)
Summary of sustainable or energy-efficient elements (200 words)
Narrative describing challenges, solutions and lessons (400 words)
You will upload the following in the specified formats:
Signed statement on letterhead declaring no use of unpaid labor (PDF)
Diagrams and/or photographs (pdf, tif or jpg)
Signed photographer consent form(s) (PDF)
Photos should show each exterior facade and interior to illustrate the context, extent and quality of the finished project. Entrants must credit the photographer for each photo, and obtain rights to allow for their use by AIA Atlanta.
Entrants may submit up to ten* photos for jury deliberation. The photos must be high-resolution at 300 dpi. Accepted file formats: .jpg and .tif. Collages are not accepted EXCEPT FOR floor and site plan diagrams.
Additional photo requirements:
- One photograph must display the floor plan and sectional drawing of the project
- One photograph must be a landscape photo that clearly shows the area up to 200 feet on either side of the project
- All photo file names must include the project name
*For the Renovations/Adaptive Reuse categories only: Projects involving changes to existing structures must include documentation of the original conditions. Upload at least one photo showing the original/before condition of the structure.