Held each fall, the Resdiential Design Awards recognizes excellence in built work designed by AIA Atlanta members and other Georgia-registered architects. RDA comprises six award categories and entries can be located anywhere in the world.
Each entry must be a commissioned project and the entrant must have had the primary design responsibility. A project may be entered into only one category. The jury will award at least one Honor and/or Merit for overall design excellence in each of the categories:
- Category one: Multifamily – Less Than 50 Units
- Category two: Mixed-use – Over 50 Units
- Category three: Single-family – Nontraditional
- Category four: Single-family – Traditional
- Category five: Renovations/Adaptive Reuse -Less Than 5,000 sq ft
- Category six: Renovations/Adaptive Reuse – Over 5,000 sq ft
Submssions are expected to open in late June 2020.
Split Box House by DiG Architects
2018 Merit Award Winner, Single-family: Nontraditional
Photo: Alexander Herring