Wednesday, April 24, 2019
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Porcelain Tile Panels – Specification and Use
This presentation provides a brief history of tile design and the entrance of large format tile. It also reviews two methods of manufacturing porcelain tile panels, plus sizing and the various applications, including ceilings, stairs and over tile. Tile over tile is of particular importance offering improved health and safety protection and potential saving in the schedule and budget. Finally, the course presents ANSI standards for porcelain tile panels.
Attendees will be able to:
- Understand the technology advance and significance
- Describe key elements of specification and installation considerations
- Develop specifications in accordance with governing building codes and regulations that address the suitable usage areas for porcelain tile panels
- Explain the occupant and environmental health benefits of porcelain tile panels and tile over title applications
- Recognize the impact on the architecture and design hard surface finish options
Lunch provided to those registered by April 23.