Friday, July 12, 2019
12:00 am - 1:15 pm
Join the Committee on the Environment for a discussion on how to attract pollinators and beneficial insects using native plants and providing suitable urban habitat.
- Gain an understanding of why pollinator populations and insects are in decline, and how the design of urban spaces can help to reverse this trend
- Learn about the importance of native plants while avoiding hybrids and which pollinator plants are best for the metro Atlanta area
- Understand the relationships between host plants for butterflies and moths and the need for nectar plants across the seasons
- Learn what resources are available for the design community
- Learn about local and national pollinator conservation efforts you can get involved with
Dennis Krusac, Certified Wildlife Biologist, U.S. Forest Service Southern Region
Remember to bring a lunch!