Our passion is architecture, referring to the art and science of designing buildings, open spaces and communities. Architecture encompasses numerous fields, including engineering, interior design, green design, land planning, construction and lighting design.
Whether a student in our program desires to become an architect or have another occupation, Discover Architecture affords these students a greater appreciation of architecture and the built environment. Our mission is to provide:
- Fun exploration of architecture and related fields, such as engineering, landscaping, interior design and green design
- Interesting curriculum that can be customized by the volunteer architects at an elementary school to take into account the architecture in the school’s neighborhood or city
- Engaging design activities to promote creativity and inquiry and encourage students to work individually and in teams
- Quality architects and volunteers who run the program
- Dynamic guest speakers to enliven and enrich classroom activities