ATLANTA, Nov. 14, 2023 — AIA Atlanta is pleased to announce the newly elected members of the 2024 Board of Directors, comprising six officers and directors who will play pivotal roles in the organization.
Architect Marc Johnson, AIA, a graduate of Howard University and an associate at CHASM Architecture, has been elected president-elect. This marks the commencement of a three-year term during which he will serve as the president in 2025, followed by the role of past president.
Desmond Johnson, AIA, will continue in the role of treasurer, ensuring the continued financial stability of the organization. Additionally, Corey Miller, AIA, and Zachery Terry, Assoc. AIA, have been re-elected to their positions as directors of continuing education and emerging professionals, respectively.
Heli Shah, Assoc. AIA, previously the chair of the Young Architects Forum of AIA Atlanta, has been elected as the programs director. Ashvini Dinoy, AIA will take on the responsibilities of communications director.
The complete 2024 AIA Atlanta Board of Directors is as follows:
- President: Shelby Morris, AIA
- President-elect: Marc Johnson, AIA
- Past President: Emily Shickner, AIA
- Treasurer: Desmond Johnson, AIA
- Secretary: Laura Morton, AIA
- Public Director: Terry Miller, AIA
- Development Director: Mark Chen, AIA
- Development Director: Mae Murphy, Assoc. AIA
- Continuing Education Director: Corey Miller, AIA
- Local Political Advocacy Director: Meghan Shannon, AIA
- Emerging Professionals Director: Laura Sherman, AIA
- Emerging Professionals Director: Zachery Terry, Assoc. AIA
- Membership Director: Sumegha Shah, AIA
- Programs Director: KK Loy, AIA
- Programs Director: Heli Shah, Assoc. AIA
- Communications Director: Ashvini Dinoy, AIA
- Communications Director: Howard Kuo, AIA
- Allied Director: Amy Granelli
About AIA Atlanta
AIA Atlanta, the Atlanta Chapter of the American Institute of Architects, is a professional organization representing 1,900 architects and designers in Metro Atlanta. AIA advocates for the value of architects and provides architects with the resources to do their best work, including continuing education, political advocacy, networking, and leadership development.