ATLANTA, Nov. 20, 2023 — AIA Atlanta, with presenting sponsors SIXmm and YKK AP America, is pleased to announce the winners of the 2023 Residential & Hospitality Design Awards. Winners were announced during Build Something Great at Buckhead Theatre on Saturday, Nov. 18.
The yearly program recognizes exemplary homes, restaurants, and hotels designed by architects registered in Georgia. Out of nineteen finalists, the jury awarded eight projects with the Merit Award distinction and two with the highest distinction, the Honor Award.
RESIDENTIAL DESIGN WINNERS
Single-Family – Contemporary
- Merit Award: 23 Perry (Lightroom Studio, LLC)
- Merit Award: Black Mountain Cross (35 Degrees North)
- Honor Award: Brevard House (Point Office Architecture & Design)
Multifamily/Mixed-Use – Over 50 Units
- Merit Award: 1200 Ponce (Choate+Hertlein Architects)
- Merit Award: The Foundry (Cooper Carry, Inc.)
- Merit Award: Whistler (Niles Bolton Associates)
HOSPITALITY DESIGN WINNERS
Restaurant – Renovation/Tenant Build-out
- Merit Award: Biggerstaff Brewing Co. (Office of Design)
- Merit Award: Elliott’s Restaurant (Office of Design)
Restaurant – New Construction
- Merit Award: The Summit House at Balsam Mountain (Kuo Diedrich Chi Architects)
Hotel – Guest Rooms 101+
- Honor Award: Virgin Hotels Nashville (BLUR Workshop)
About AIA Atlanta
AIA Atlanta, the Atlanta Chapter of the American Institute of Architects, is a professional organization representing 1,900 architects and designers in Metro Atlanta. AIA advocates for the value of architects and provides architects with the resources to do their best work, including continuing education, political advocacy, networking, and leadership development.