AIA Atlanta Announces 2022 High School Design Competition Winners
ATLANTA — April 28, 2022 — AIA Atlanta and presenting sponsor YKK AP today announce the winners of the 17th Annual High School Design Competition (HSDC). The program invites Georgia high school students to immerse themselves in fundamental architecture concepts and learn skills that will be useful in college and beyond.
HSDC comprises two levels to accommodate students’ varying levels of experience, including beginner and advanced. The 2022 competition received over 200 submissions from 20 schools. Winners of the advanced level receive cash prizes. This year’s winners are as follows:
Beginner – Individual
- First: Kamryn S., Jackson County High School
- Second: Riley T., Sequoyah High School
- Third: Stephen E., Sequoyah High School (tie)
- Third: Styles J., Stephens County High School (tie)
Advanced – Individual
- First: Keaton T., Midtown High School
- Second: Kaia W., Sequoyah High School
- Third: Mikka W., Decatur High School
Advanced – Group
- First: Jackson L. and Sam C., Decatur High School
- Second: Audrey P., Adam H., Evan H., and Joshua H., Wheeler High School
- Third: Elvis M. and Diana Q., Maxwell High School of Technology
AIA Atlanta congratulates all students for their successful participation in the program. In addition to presenting sponsor YKK AP, AIA Atlanta thanks event sponsor Cooper Carry for making possible the 2022 HSDC virtual awards ceremony.
About AIA Atlanta
AIA Atlanta, the Atlanta Chapter of the American Institute of Architects, is a professional organization representing 1,800 architects and designers in Metro Atlanta. AIA advocates for the value of architects and provides architects the resources to do their best work, including continuing education, political advocacy, networking, and leadership development.
About YKK AP America Inc.
YKK AP America Inc. is a technology-oriented manufacturer of commercial façade systems and residential doors and windows. With every finished good, we push the boundaries in next-generation manufacturing and create value for architectural applications. Driven by a desire to provide exceptional service in our markets, YKK AP America builds upon our foundation of advanced engineering, vertically integrated manufacturing, and customer focus to deliver the highest level of quality at a competitive price.