For Immediate Release
ATLANTA, April 19, 2019—The Atlanta chapter of the American Institute of Architects (AIA Atlanta) and presenting sponsor YKK AP America Inc. together announce the winners of the 14th Annual High School Design Competition (HSDC).
The annual competition features an introductory level and advanced level to accommodate students’ varying levels of experience. This year’s program received nearly 140 submissions from 33 schools in the state. Winners were revealed on the evening of April 18, during a ceremony hosted by event sponsor Georgia Institute of Technology’s College of Design.
Awards were bestowed as follows:
Advanced – Group
- 1st: Katie Barry, Joseph Pressel (McIntosh High School)
- 2nd: Jaci Montalvo, Stephanie Valdes, Javier Pacheco (Berkmar High School)
Advanced – Individual
- 1st: Robert Hunter (Chattahoochee High School)
- 2nd: Dalton Bates (Union Grove High School
- 3rd: Gregory Sweet (Union Grove High School)
- Hon. Mention: Koan Roy-Meighoo (Decatur High School)
- Hon. Mention: Patrick Duckett (North Cobb High School)
- Hon. Mention: Senai Sahlzghi (North Cobb High School)
- Hon. Mention: Jared Abrahamian (Union Grove High School)
- 1st: Javier Alvarez (Jackson County Comprehensive High School)
- 2nd: Keaton Tsepas Bucciero (Henry W. Grady High School)
- 3rd: Sewook Park (McIntosh High School)
- Hon. Mention: Tate Smith (Henry W. Grady High School)
- Hon. Mention: Sophia Norton (Decatur High School)
- Hon. Mention: Zarin Tanisa (Lakeside High School)
About AIA Atlanta
Founded in 1906, AIA Atlanta is a professional organization advocating for architects, designers and students in Metro Atlanta. Members adhere to a code of ethics and conduct to ensure the highest professional standards. AIA Atlanta provides members with tools and resources to assist them in their careers, as well as engaging civic and government leaders, and raising public awareness about the built environment.
About YKK AP America Inc.
YKK AP America Inc. is a technology-oriented manufacturer of commercial façade systems and residential doors and windows. With every finished good, we push the boundaries in next generation manufacturing and create value for architectural applications. Driven by a desire to provide exceptional service in our markets, YKK AP America builds upon our foundation of advanced engineering, vertically integrated manufacturing, and customer focus to deliver the highest level of quality at a competitive price.