For Immediate Release
ATLANTA, March 6, 2016—On Thursday, April 20, at 6 p.m., AIA Atlanta will host Vision for Atlanta, an annual panel discussion on design, sustainability, planning and community development. Moderated by journalist Maria Saporta, the program will include the following panelists from Atlanta’s 2017 mayoral race:
- Peter Aman, Former Chief Operating Officer of the City of Atlanta
- John Eaves, PhD, Chairman of Fulton County Commission
- Vincent Fort, Georgia State Senator
- Kwanza Hall, Atlanta City Councilmember, District 2
- Ceasar Mitchell, President of Atlanta City Council
- Mary Norwood, Atlanta City Councilmember-at-Large, Post #2
- Michael Sterling, Former Director of the Atlanta Workforce Development Agency
- Cathy Woolard, Former President of Atlanta City Council
“Vision for Atlanta is one of the best forums for meaningful dialogue among our thought leaders, exploring how great design, architecture, public spaces and people form the fabric of our communities,” said Executive Director David Southerland. “In its third year, Vision for Atlanta is bringing together the personalities, one of which will be Atlanta’s next mayor, who are actively listening and fighting for the future of our city.”
Vision for Atlanta will be held at The Trolley Barn, located at 963 Edgewood Ave NE. Registration is $10 for students, $25 for AIA members and $35 for the general public. Tickets can be purchased online.
About AIA Atlanta
With more than 1,700 members in Metro Atlanta, AIA Atlanta is a professional organization advocating for architects, designers and students. AIA Atlanta offers an array of programs and events including continuing education, local advocacy and networking, helping raise awareness for the built environment and the value of great design.