The Creative Expressions gallery is all about new ideas and how these ideas allow the audience to learn, expand their perspectives and leave the night with something fresh on their minds.
Examples of possible design interventions: works in art, mixed media, sculpture and the like; as well as works in architecture, fashion, furniture design, graphic design, interior design, landscape architecture, student project boards, acoustical pieces, and architectural design models and boards.
URBANfronts | Creative Expressions
One-night exhibit art submissions are invited for the following:
- Interactive Installations (5′ x 15′ approximate floor area) | $100 stipend
- Large and interactive art that can be experienced through light, touch and sound, etc.
- Work will be exhibited within the main event space open to the public for the one-night opening exhibit
- Miscellaneous Artwork and Design Projects (5′ x 5′ approximate display area)
- Work will be exhibited within the main event space open to the public for walk-through in a one-night opening exhibit
- Artists’ names will be listed in the night’s program and on the AIA Atlanta website
- Artists are encouraged to sell artwork and all proceeds will go to artist directly; sale of art facilitated by the respective artist(s)
- Neither AIA Atlanta nor any of its partners bear any responsibility for artwork damaged before, during or after the Creative Expressions
- Artists are encouraged to hang/set up their own artwork at their own risk, with the direction and help of URBANfronts volunteers and staff
URBANfronts | Storefront Galleries
- Storefront Installations (10′ x 10′ x 10′ storefront space) | $250 Stipend
- Artists’ installations provided storefront space in Atlanta for public view for two weeks
- Work to be viewed from exterior only
- Installations are large and adapted to the storefront
- Installations should include lighting for viewing at night